Wow! So I've been sailing along all summer, listening to reports of higher food prices but not really paying much attention. Then on Thursday I was at Sam's Club buying my usual cart full. Holy cow! The big bulk package of 93% lean hamburger meat that has cost around $12 for as long as I can remember was $17! And the six pack of romaine lettuce - last time I was paying attention it was around two or three dollars, now it's 5 dollars and sixty cents. When did this happen? Who can afford to eat anymore?
It is nice that gas is going down a little though, who ever thought we'd be thrilled to pay $3.70 a gallon?

It is nice that gas is going down a little though, who ever thought we'd be thrilled to pay $3.70 a gallon?
I hear you! However, gas is still more than $4 in Utah! I went to Costco to fill up today (where it is usually the cheapest), but I didn't dare fill up because they were filling the tank! Grrr ... that's the second time in a row that's happened to me, and I don't go to Costco much.
ReplyDeleteIn case you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about, when they're filling the tank you get a lot more junk in your gas -- from the bottom of the tank -- so don't ever fill if you see the tanker truck there. My nephew did and it made his truck stop running. He had to flush out the engine, drain his gas tank and start over. What a waste!
I'm looking forward to gas under $4. I agree that's pretty pathetic to be so happy with it, though!