Saturday morning I ran with Courtney in the St Timothy's School Spring Sprint to benefit the WakeMed Pediatric Diabetes Program. Two months ago Courtney's oldest son was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. Just two weeks after that she had their third little boy - so it was a crazy spring. There's nothing fun about diabetes but Riley and family are doing a great job adjusting. Riley ran the one mile fun run in great time - we are all proud of him for stepping up and learning how to take care of himself so well.


So I fancy myself a bit of a runner. I thought a 5k would be a piece of cake so I ran my usual 7 miler earlier Saturday morning before this. Well, this ended up being one tough 5k. I hate hills. I think I hate running! Why do I do it? I always feel great when I'm done.
Kudos to Courtney who has a six week old and is already back in the running mix. Still faster than me.....
wow I am so impressed!!! You have started a blog, you are still faithfully running, your hair looks so long and beautiful, you have the cutest little flower box and the most adorable little kids!! I looks like you guys are doing awesome and I am so happy for you. tell tyrone I am jealous of your mother's day agenda and that he may be getting a phone call from mike one of these yrs for some tips!!
ReplyDeleteI had gestational diabetes and the only thing that helped me through it was knowing it was over as soon as the baby was born. (I had people lined up to bring me shakes, cookies, etc. at the hospital. :)
ReplyDeleteI love to hear runners say they hate running, because whenever I try it I hate it, too! My sis ran a marathon last year, and I just found out she hates running, but also loves how it makes her feel. That's enough to get me through a few more workouts I'm hating ... :)